Monday, September 5, 2016

Where I keep my ideas

           I definitely have a journal where I keep all my million dollar ideas. I got the idea from a class that I took in my first semester of college. The class focused on successful inventors and people of that nature and how they had several ideas. How they would carve out time to do nothing but think in a quiet room for 30minutes a day. It talked about how famous inventors we know such as Thomas Edison to Bill Gates and lesser know people had several failed attempts before and after they created the inventions they are well known for. The class taught me so much, mainly never to give up. There was one inventor who jotted down something and it didn't work 10 years later when looking at the journal it still didn't work for what he needed but turned into something else the invention was the sticky note and the glue for it. The class also taught me to periodically look back at the journal to see if there is any new way I can tweak an idea. I learned that the best way to come up with an idea or creation is first to look at a service or product and figure out what's wrong with it. So for instance I could look at the laundry detergent pods that are all the craze now and see how I could better fix or tweak the product by looking at how they don't work in my life or in my friends life.
             Now I do take out the 30  minutes everyday and write ideas in my journal. I go through life now looking at how to change it or make it better. There have been times I have been away from my journal so I ill jot an idea down in my phone, and save it for when I get home, and transfer it over. I have also taught my son how to use and I encourage him to write in his creative journal everyday. I know that somewhere in there I have already created the next best thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment